Friday, June 25, 2010

FIRST LESSON :: Define Creativity & My Avatar ::

"My first assignment is about choose one of my friends as my avatar to edit, with descriptions, expressions, experiences..."

It sounds easy, but from the brief stated that "with descriptions, expressions, experiences..", has knit my brows! (>_<) Thats really kill fun. At first, there was a little-tiny-fun, which is my housemates and i, we played cards to decide who belongs to who's avatar. When it comes to the end, Ben was my object to edit. (@_@)
Few days before, I have played the role of photo editor, adobe director, creative director and makeup artist as well. (X_D) The reason for my 'director-statment' is because :

Photo editor : modified the photo and add in vectors.
Adobe director : used Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
Creative director : photo edited with story.
Makeup artist : applied digital-make on my avatar.

This the original copy from Ben.


After digital-makeup.

smiling face

sad face

Story begins with the combination of smiling and sad pictures.



In this design, I wanted to show the two most common expression of human being. From the edited photo, on the left was smiling face picture added with sun, colourful rainbow and lovely little cabin. The three objects were representing peace and joyful mood.

On the right side was sad face picture added with moon, dark clouds and a dim-colored car. In the photo, both sides pictures are having the same number of objects, but the three objects on right were totally different from the left. Moon, dark clouds and dim-colored car had obviously showed the broken-hearted mood.
Here is the simple plot summary of my story, titled with Grateful Night :
A teen named Ben loves to be in his house, especially spend his time with his family. But time passed in a blink of eyes, after he graduated from secondary school, he has to further his studies by himself. Before Ben depart from home, he has enjoyed the last dinner with his family and promised one-week-one-letter.
-:: end ::-

No comments:

Post a Comment